Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Item of the Day

Since I've suddenly become part of the handmade revolution (sounds so important, doesn't it?), I've become involved in the Artfire community. Artfire, like Etsy before it, is a hosting site for artisans who sell their wares online. I prefer Artfire, though I have no beef with Etsy. And since Artfire is the new kid on the block, it needs a little extra lovin'. That means each of its members is (or should be) working hard to promote not only their own shop, but the shops of other Artfire members in order to draw traffic to the site.

So in the spirit of that notion, I'd like to feature a new item/studio every other day on my blog. Ambitious, I know. We'll see how it works out. I hope to keep it varied, featuring a bunch of different artistic mediums, as well as featuring newbie and experienced artisans alike. I'm a newbie myself, so I think everyone deserves a chance.

Today I feature MichiganMud Clay Studio. She works with stamps and clay to create her stuff. Here is one of the things I was admiring in her shop. Cute ring at a great price! Nice and simple with that professional yet crafty look:

























Check out the rest of here items here: http://www.artfire.com/users/MichiganMud

Well that's it for today, folks. Remind me next time to tell you about the time when Clara drank air freshener and I called poison control (she's totally fine, just has interesting smelling poo).

No comments:

Post a Comment