Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August Randoms

What's new this month?

Well, the immediate news is that a few days ago I made these cookies and this morning I had 3, yes 3, of them for breakfast. I did it to myself because I drove my husband to the train and had a Walmart excursion all before eating anything, so when I got home the cookies were the first thing I saw and I knew then it was all over. And so good.

Prior to the cookie making, this past Saturday I celebrated my sister's bachelorette with her. She gets married in 2.5 weeks. It was a good time with pizza (that's always a good time), games, some naughty gifts, and then out to the club. Well, the club was pretty good for an old fogey like me. Yes, the ripe old age of 27 has me bidding goodbye to my youthful days. You know you might be too old for the club scene when you experience following:

* Everybody in the bachelorette party wears rub-on tattoos just for the fun of it, and you contemplate where to put yours so that it won't be visible in church the next morning.
* You know maybe 2% of the songs being played. (Although when I knew a song I sang and danced with the best of them.)
* You find the music deafening and keep silently apologizing to those tiny little hairs in your ears that are responsible for picking up sound. I'm sorry, little hairs! Please keep working after this!
* You are shocked--shocked! at the way some young people behave on the dance floor.
* The heels you stupidly decided to wear once-in-your-whole-5'11-life have you going out to the patio not to smoke, but just to sit down.
* When you're feeling a little foolish about being the oldest person in the club, you think, "Hey, at least I can blog about this when I get home!"

Now please don't think I'm a grump and I didn't enjoy myself. Truly, I did. And it was nice to have a girls' night out; I hadn't had one in forever. Plus there were free chocolate strawberries and champagne involved (bachelorette special). So, all in all, it was good.

Make that four cookies. Hide them from me. I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! Ripe old age of 27... lol! I have 5 years on you, I know I would be feeling the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, being young isn't what it used to be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh, I'm 20 and I'm shocked (or rather ... disgusted) by the way some people "dance" in a club. It has nothing to do with your age at all :)

    p.s. I found you through etsy ... on the forums i think - cute clips! (my username is HoneyThistle and coincidentally, I also live in T.O.)

    ReplyDelete